Dina has participated in Foster Arizona events since 2016 and recently took on a larger role as one of our Volunteer Involvement Team Leads. As a foster parent, she has been dedicated to changing the lives of kids in Arizona’s foster care system and looks forward to being a part of helping others in the community discover how they can make an impact. When asked what difference she wants to make for Arizona’s kids, she said “I want to be a part of a guiding force that leads them into a better quality of life- one that makes them feel as fulfilled as any other ’regular kid’ should be. I want them to know they are valued, loved, and capable of anything.”
Dina at a glimpse…
What is your favorite food?
What do you love about Arizona/how long have you lived here?
- Everything you could want or need is here! I spent my summers here growing up and have lived in Arizona on and off since 2006. My husband and I moved here in early 2015.
What matters most to you?
- Family time, even if its just watching a movie together curled up with the dogs- nothing beats that quality time.
What is on the top of your bucket list?
- Living abroad. My husband was in the Navy for 6 years. We lived in San Diego and Maine for the majority of his time in the service. I am definitely bit by the travel bug!
What is on your music play list?
- Everything from Buena Vista Social Club to Guns and Roses.
What drew you to making a difference in foster care?
- I grew up with many foster and adoptive parents in my life. I also come from a long line of teachers, preachers, and community leaders and seeing the struggles of others involved with foster care moved me to get more involved. My husband and I have been licensed foster parents since 2016.
Photo Credits: Steponme Photography