Flying high in the sky to various places for both business and pleasure keeps LaCenia busy, but most importantly being a wife, mother, daughter and lead team member of Foster Arizona. As a family they love to travel and explore new experiences together and mainly “outside” as her toddler son says. “That’s his favorite place to be and it has become our’s as well. Which is why we love our lives in Arizona and now call it our home.” Through Foster Arizona LaCenia has been able to find another sense of community and purpose with her work on the Kid Connection Events. “Seeing smiling faces from kids and volunteers makes my time devoted worth every moment.”
A Glimpse Inside…
What is your favorite food?
- I love seafood especially sushi and salmon
What do you love about Arizona/how long have you lived here?
- I love spending most of my time outside- hiking, kayaking, hanging out by the pool, going to awesome restaurants and you can do it all in the beautiful sun. I have only been here for 4 years, but I absolutely love it
What matters most to you?
- My Family and Friends
What is on the top of your bucket list?
- Spin the globe and point, I love to travel internationally and one day I would love to live in Spain for at least a year
What books have you read recently?
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
Why do you volunteer with Foster Arizona?
- I feel Foster Arizona creates opportunities for kids to have fun outside their normal environments and find their forever families through media. It is an organization that truly wants to connect with the community and make people aware of the local foster care system, but most importantly showcase how everyone can help these kids.
What drew you to making a difference in foster care?
- I have always been passionate about mentoring the youth as I have worked with other youth organizations in the past and I believe foster care is an area that needs guidance more than ever before.
What impact do you want to make for kids?
- I want to encourage and give kids hope for a better life.