I am a native of Arizona and grew up in Chandler. I went to Grand Canyon University and graduated with my degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. I’ve taught elementary school for 10 years, and attained two more masters degrees while teaching. Then, I took time off so I can stay at home with my two young boys. I’ve been married to my husband for 18 years now. He is a worship pastor and we love and support the local church. I love Diet Coke, attending women’s (ASU) softball games, watching sports, children’s ministry at church, being outdoors, going camping/fishing, being with my family, and ALL things Disney and going to Disneyland.
What is your favorite food?
- Mexican food, my mom’s homemade tacos
What do you love about Arizona/how long have you lived here?
- I love the sunshine! I am an AZ native. I have lived here my whole life (minus 5 yrs when we lived in the Midwest while my husband pastored at a church there).
What matters most to you?
- My faith and my Family
What is on the top of your bucket list?
- Go to NYC to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.
What is on your music play list?
- Worship music and Disney tunes
What books have you read recently?
- “No Better Mom for the Job”
Why do you volunteer with Foster Arizona?
- I love to see the kids be able to have experiences that they may not get to have otherwise.
What drew you to making a difference in foster care?
- I have a heart for kids and all kids need someone who believes in them and cares and love them.
What impact do you want to make for kids?
- I want to be a positive light and for the kids to know that they are loved!