Mandate reporter means you are required by law to report suspected child abuse, neglect, exploitation, or abandonment. Here is the list of mandate reporters:
- Any physician, physician’s assistant, optometrist, dentist, osteopath, chiropractor, podiatrist, behavioral health professional, nurse, psychologist, counselor or social worker who develops the reasonable belief in the course of treating a patient.
- Any peace officer, member of the clergy, priest or Christian Science practitioner.
- The parent, stepparent or guardian of the minor.
- School personnel or domestic violence victim advocates who develop the reasonable belief in the course of their employment.
- Any other person who has responsibility for the care or treatment of the minor.
If a child tells you of such experiences, act to protect that child by calling the toll free Arizona Child Abuse Hotline at 1-888-SOS-CHILD (1-888-767-2445).
You can find out more information on mandate reporting by clicking here.
Thank you for your great question! If you have questions, send them to #youaskedfa or Kim@fosteraz.com